Note. The handset-headset extension cord (para
8e(6)) can be connected between the handset-head-
set and the SB-22(*)/PT to allow the operator
Note. Install two Batteries BA-3O in the battery
greater freedom of movement within the shelter.
compartment and operate the LB-CB-CBS switch to
12. Installation and Connection
of Equipment After Installation
a. Preliminary Procedure.
Note. When TA-312/PT's are used at the road-
side tabletop locations (fig. 12), they are not in-
stalled in mounting brackets but are connected as
make power connections (para 17)
in b below.
before using the lights and con-
a. Installation in Mounting Bracket.
purposes, any satisfactory ground
(1) Loosen the wingnut on the side of
may be used in place of the ground
the mounting bracket (fig. 21).
(2) Rotate the clamping arm to obtain
(2) Energize the ac circuits (para 23).
access to the flathead screw on
the side of the mounting. Tighten
Note. Refer to paregraph 22 for infor-
mation covering the S-183/MSC-31 con-
trols and instruments.
(3) Use a screwdriver to remove the
flathead screw that secures the
holding plate (inside the mounting
to the 26-pair cable receptacle in
the power and signal entrance box
(4) Remove the TA-312/PT from its
carrying case; store the case.
b. Test Procedure.
(1) Remove the TA-312/PT's from the
(5) Insert the holding plate into the
storage cabinet and connect them
buzzer recess in the side of the
at PHONE 1, 2, and 3
(6) Place the TA-312/PT in the mount-
(2) Make 26-pair cable stub lead con-
ing bracket and replace the flat-
nections to test four SB-22(*)/PT
line circuits at a time and operate
the TA-312/PT's (TM 11-2155)
(1) Connect the prepared leads of the
and the SB-22(*)/PT (TM 11-5805-
telephone cord to the LINE binding
262-12) to perform the ringing and
posts on the TA-312/PT.
talking tests indicated in the chart
(2) Connect the telephone plug into the
appropriate PHONE (1 through 4)