--- -- . . .
of Hand Lantern Batteries
(4) Replace the reflector in the re-
and B u l b
flector case and snap it securely
T h e hand lantern requires four Bat-
34. Removal and Replacement
of Lamps and
teries BA-30 which are not supplied with
Fluorescent Lamp Starters
the lantern. A spare bulb is stored inside
a. Fluorescent Lamp.
the reflector case.
(1) Pull gently to remove the light
a. Replacing Batteries.
shield from the fourescent light
(1) Pull the battery case latch for-
ward and raise the battery case
(2) Rotate the lamp in its sockets one-
quarter turn and remove it from the
(2) Insert four batteries in the case
w i t h the center brass caps up.
(3) Remove the spare lamp from its
(3) Snap the battery case cover shut.
storage brackets (fig. 16).
h. Replacing Bulb.
(4) Align the lamp with the slots in the
(1) Press the button on the bottom of
the reflector case and lift out the
(5) Press in and rotate the lamp one-
quarter turn to seat the pins firmly.
(2) Unscrew the brass cap at the rear
(6) Replace the light shield on the fluo-
of the bulb and remove the bulb and
rescent light fixture.
b. Fluorescent Lamp Starter.
(3) Remove the spare bulb from inside
(1) Remove the light shield and lamp
the reflector case. Insert the bulb
(a(1) and (2) above) to expose the
and spring in the reflector and
tighten the brass cap.