DESCRIPTION AND USE OF OPERATOR CONTROLS AND INDICATORS (Contd)
AL ENGINE HATCH COVERS--The engine hatches, located between forward and aft
cockpits, are opened and closed as follows:
1. If installed, remove lock from port engine hatch.
2. To open, lift engine hatch first, raise securing brace into slotted groove, then
lower engine hatch on securing brace. Place pin through retaining hole on
securing brace on port engine hatch.
3. Repeat steps 1 and 2 for starboard engine hatch.
4. To close, raise starboard engine hatch, remove pin, lower securing brace
from slotted groove, then lower starboard hatch to closed position.
5. Repeat step 4 to close port engine hatch.
6. If authorized, secure lock on engine hatch.
PORT ENGINE HATCH,
OPENED AND SECURED POSITION