BRIDGE ERECTION BOAT (BEB)
Keep engine hatch covers closed when engines are running
unless engine maintenance is being performed. Failure to
comply may result in injury or death to personnel.
1. Place SCOOP REVERSE DEFLECTOR control levers (4) and (5) in neutral
2. With THROTTLE/TRANSMISSION control levers (2) and (3) in forward position,
allow both engines to idle for a minimum of three to five minutes.
Engines must be allowed to idle for a minimum of three to five
minutes to allow for sufficient cooling before shut-off. Failure
to comply may result in damage to equipment.
If loading on IBC, perform step 3.
3. Place THROTTLE/TRANSMISSION control levers (2) and (3) in forward
position and scoop control levers (4) and (5) in forward position.
4. Place port and starboard engine CIRCUIT SWITCH (1) and (6) in OFF
Perform step 5 if either engine does not shut off when placing
CIRCUIT SWITCH IN OFF POSITION.
5. Pull out EMERGENCY ENGINE STOP control (8) to stop port engine or (7) to
stop starboard engine.