REDUCING SPEED, FULL STOP, AND HOLD POSITION (Contd)
FULL STOP AND HOLDING POSITION (NO FORWARD, REVERSE, OR LATERAL
1. Center STEERING WHEEL (5).
2. Identify direction and estimate speed of river current.
3. Identify direction of wind and estimate speed of wind current.
4. Position boat into the wind or current (whichever is strongest).
5. Visually identify a fixed point directly in front of boat (establish bearing).
6. Visually identify fixed points directly to port and starboard.
7. Triangulate your position. Port and starboard fix points delineate forward or
reverse movement. Fixed point off bow delineates bearing changes.
8. Using the visual reference points, increase/decrease
THROTTLE/TRANSMISSION control levers (1) and (2), and increase/decrease
hydrojet SCOOP REVERSE DEFLECTOR control levers (3) and (4) to maintain
lateral postion, while making minor adjustments with STEERING WHEEL (5)
to maintain bearing.
The anchor line must always be tied to the bow. Ensure
anchor line is positioned around a bollard to prevent line
from rubbing and wearing on topsides of hull. Failure to
comply may result in damage to equipment and possible
injury to personnel.
9. If anchoring is required, ensure anchor line is tied to the bow and boat is facing
END OF WORK PACKAGE