BRIDGE ERECTION BOAT (BEB)
DOCKING IN REVERSE
Ensure all engine hatches are closed and secured while
boat is under operation. Failure to comply may result in
injury or death to personnel.
This maneuver is designed for backing boat into
position on IBC prior to retrieval.
1. Visually identify water/river current directly behind IBC.
2. Visually identify wind direction and wind current behind IBC.
Depending upon the current strength (wind or water),
BEB operator may need to maneuver stern of boat
upstream of CBT.
3. Maneuver stern of boat to within 2-3 boat lengths inline with CBT and IBC.
4. Adjust engine speed by moving THROTTLE/TRANSMISSION control levers (1)
up until 1200 rpm is reached (+/- depending upon current strength).
5. Slowly adjust both SCOOP REVERSE DEFLECTOR control levers (2) to