MAINTENANCE PROCEDURES (Contd)
DRAIN RAW WATER FROM TRANSMISSION OIL COOLER
The transmission oil coolers on both engines are drained the
same way. This procedure covers the draining of one
transmission oil cooler.
1. Remove air filter (3). Refer to Remove and Install Air Filter within this work
Do not drain raw water into hull. Failure to comply may
cause damage to equipment.
2. Remove drain plug (1) from transmission oil cooler (2).
Have container ready to catch water.
3. Catch raw water with suitable container.
4. Install drain plug (1) in transmission oil cooler (2).
5. Install air filter (3). Refer to Remove and Install Air Filter within this work
Accidental or intentional introduction of liquid
federal, and military regulation. Refer to Army POL
disposal of these liquids. Failure to comply may result in
damage to environment and health of personnel.
6. Dispose of discarded water.