MAINTENANCE PROCEDURES (Contd)
CLEANING RAW WATER STRAINER
Both raw water strainers are replaced the same way. This
procedure covers the replacement of one raw water strainer.
For general cleaning and inspection instructions, refer to
2. Turn basket (1) left to remove from raw water strainer (3).
3. Remove basket (1), and O-ring (2) from raw water strainer (3).
Compressed air source must not exceed 30 psi (207 kPa).
Wear approved eye protection when cleaning with
compressed air. Failure to comply may result in injury to
4. Clean basket (1) with compressed air.
Ensure O-ring is not damaged and strainer is not cross-
threaded during installation or damage to equipment may
5. Inspect basket (1), and O-ring (2) for damage. Replace if damaged.
6. Install O-ring (2) and basket (1) in raw water strainer (3).