During fresh water flush cycles, a brine flow meter reading of less than 1 gallon (3.8
liters) per minute is an indication that the charcoal filters may be clogged. Clogged
charcoal filters can cause shortened service life of the reverse osmosis membrane
5. At each flow control panel (figure 9, items 9 and 18), verify that the BRINE flow meters (figure 9, items 12
and 21) indicate a flow rate of approximately 1 gallon (3.8 liters) per minute each during the fresh water flush
ROWPU SYSTEM LAYUP
1. Perform the ROWPU system shutdown procedure as detailed earlier in this work package.
2. Perform the media filter backflush procedure as detailed earlier in this work package.
3. Perform the ROWPW fresh water flush procedure as detailed earlier in this work package.
4. Upon completion of the fresh water flush cycles, observe the following indications at the ROWPU 1 system
controller (figure 9, item 14) and at the ROWPU 2 system controller (figure 9, item 23):
During ROWPU system layup cycles, the FRESH FLUSH indicator blinks occasionally
to inform the operator that the layup cycle is active.
a. FRESH FLUSH (figure 13, item 8) indicators blinking occasionally.
During ROWPU system layup cycles, the SALINITY METER acts as a system clock and
counts down from seven to zero indicating the number of days remaining until the next
fresh water flush cycle.
b. Verify that the SALINITY METER (figure 13, item 6) displays number of days until next fresh water flush
END OF WORK PACKAGE
00050005 9/0-0 9 lank
00-1 0 2 1b