1. Install the mesh screen (figure 4, item 3) in the strainer assembly (figure 4, item 2).
2. Install the strainer cover (figure 4, item 1).
3. Remove the lockouts and tagouts (FM 55-502), and return the equipment to the desired readiness condition.
4. Perform the Fresh Water Flush procedure (WP 0005 00) to verify operation of the fresh water flush pump.
5. Check the fresh water flush pump for leaks.
LUBE HIGH PRESSURE PUMP MOTORS
Use only polyurea base grease in the high pressure pump motors. The use of lithium or
silicone base grease could damage the high pressure pumps.
1. With a lubricating gun, apply three pumps of polyurea base grease to each grease fitting (figure 5, item 1) on
the high pressure pump motors.
2. Remove excess grease from each grease fitting (figure 5, item 1) with a clean wiping rag.
Figure 5. High Pressure Pump Grease Fittings