REVERSE OSMOSIS WATER PURIFICATION UNIT FOR
INLAND AND COASTAL LARGE TUG (LT)
MEDIA FILTER SUBASSEMBLY, SERVICE
Tools and Special Tools:
Tool Kit, General Mechanic's (Item 1, Table 2,
Electric Vacuum Cleaner (Item 4, Table 2,
Media Garnet, 8-12 (Item 12, Table 1,
Lubricant, Silicone (Item 11, Table 1,
General service water system operating in normal
mode (TM 55-1925-273-10).
CLOSE, lock out, and tag out (FM 55-502) valves
RO-V-2, RO-V-3, and RO-V-10.
Set to OFF, lock out, and tag out (FM 55-502) the
REVERSE OSMOSIS WATER MAKER No. 1,
Two Watercraft Engineers, 88L
REVERSE OSMOSIS WATER MAKER No. 2 cir-
cuit breakers at 440V power panel No. 5.
REPLACE MEDIA FILTER SUBSTRATE
1. OPEN RO-V-11, media filter drain valve (figure 1, item 1) and permit the filter tank to drain to the port shaft
alley. Allow time for the water in the media filter to fully drain before continuing with the procedure.
2. On top of the media filter, loosen and separate the inlet piping union (figure 2, item 1) from the inlet elbow
(figure 2, item 2).
3. Remove the inlet elbow (figure 2, item 2) from the top of the media filter.
4. Remove and discard the o-ring (figure 2, item 3).
5. Use a wet/dry vacuum to remove the substrate from the media filter.