REVERSE OSMOSIS WATER PURIFICATION UNIT FOR
INLAND AND COASTAL LARGE TUG (LT)
HIGH PRESSURE PUMP, SERVICE
Tools and Special Tools:
Tool Kit, General Mechanic's (Item 1, Table 2,
Suitable Drain Pan
Two Watercraft Engineers, 88L
Dry Cleaning Solvent (Item 5, Table 1,
Gloves, Chemical and Oil Protective (Item 3,
Goggles, Industrial (Item 4, Table 3,
CHANGE HIGH PRESSURE PUMP OIL
1. Perform shutdown for the applicable Reverse Osmosis Water Purification Unit (ROWPU) (WP 0005 00).
2. CLOSE, lock out, and tag out (FM 55-502) the applicable inlet sea water supply valve as shown in table 1.
Table 1. ROWPU Lockout/Tagout Guide
Inlet Sea Water Valve
REVERSE OSMOSIS WATER MAKER No. 1
REVERSE OSMOSIS WATER MAKER No. 2
3. At 440V power panel No. 5, set to OFF, lock out, and tag out (FM 55-502) the applicable ROWPU circuit
breaker as shown in table 1.
4. Place a suitable drain pan under the applicable high pressure pump oil drain plug (figure 1, item 1).
Do not allow hydraulic fluid, engine oil, or cleaning solvents to come in contact
with unprotected skin or eyes. Prolonged skin contact can cause illness or injury.
Eye contact can cause serious injury. Always wear chemical protective gloves
and goggles when handling hydraulic fluid, engine oil, and cleaning solvents.
Failure to follow these precautions can result in illness or serious injury.
5. Unscrew the high pressure pump oil cap (figure 1, item 2), from the oil fill port (figure 1, item 3).