When installed, if the valve cover will not press flat against the valve body, the stem is
cocked inside the backflow preventer valve. Failure to properly align the stem before
tightening the cover bolts can result in damage to the backflow preventer valve.
9. Install the valve cover (figure 8, item 4) with the new cover O-ring (figure 8, item 6) on the valve body (figure 8,
item 5). Verify that the valve cover presses flat against the valve body.
10. Install the four cover bolts (figure 8, item 3) to secure the valve cover in place (figure 8, item 4).
11. Remove the lockouts and tagouts (FM 55-502).
12. Set to ON the FWF PUMP circuit breaker (figure 7, item 1) at the 24 Vdc control panel.
13. Perform the ROWPU Fresh Water Flush procedure (WP 0005 00) and check for leaks and for proper opera-
tion of the backflow preventer valve.
14. Perform the Follow-On Service procedure at the end of this work package.
2. Check for proper operation of the system.
3. Return the equipment to the desired readiness condition.
END OF WORK PACKAGE
0018000-8 1/0-11 lank
01 1 0 12 b