Take great care when working around energized electrical equipment. Contact
between unprotected body parts and electrical conductors can cause serious in-
jury or death. Do not wear jewelry or other conductive items while servicing
energized electrical equipment. Failure to comply with these precautions can
cause serious injury or death.
3. Take voltage readings with a multimeter, measuring across all connection points in the junction box (figure 1,
item 3), to ensure that electrical circuits are deenergized. If voltage is present, ensure that the proper circuit
breaker is OFF, locked out, and tagged out (FM 55-502). If no voltage is present, proceed with the proce-
4. Label and disconnect the fresh water flush pump wires in the junction box (figure 1, item 3).
5. Loosen the hose clamps (figure 2, item 1) on the inlet hose (figure 2, item 2).
6. Disconnect the hose (figure 2, item 2) from the inlet fitting (figure 2, item 3).
7. Disconnect the outlet line (figure 3 item 1) from the outlet fitting (figure 3, item 2).
Figure 2. Fresh Water Flush Pump (Inlet Side)