REVERSE OSMOSIS WATER PURIFICATION UNIT FOR
INLAND AND COASTAL LARGE TUG (LT)
MEDIA FILTER SUBASSEMBLY, REPAIR
Tools and Special Tools:
Tool Kit, General Mechanic's (Item 1, Table 2,
Torque Wrench, 0-600 IN-LB (Item 7, Table 2,
Suitable Drain Pan
Compound, Antiseize (Item 4, Table 1,
Reverse Osmosis Water Purification Unit (ROWPU)
CLOSE, lock out, and tag out (FM 55-502) valve
RO-V-1 Main Sea Water Supply Valve.
Valve Rebuild Kit, 3/4" Sil Braze (Figure 1,
Set to OFF, lock out, and tag out (FM 55-502) circuit
breakers REVERSE OSMOSIS WATER MAKER
Valve Rebuild Kit, 1" Sil Braze (Figure 1,
No. 1, and REVERSE OSMOSIS WATER
MAKER No. 2 at 440V power panel No. 5.
Two Watercraft Engineers, 88L
Never reuse locking hardware. Reuse of locking hardware such as lockwashers,
locking nuts, cotter pins, and lock wire can result in undetected loosening of
fastening hardware causing catastrophic component failure resulting in death,
injury, or damage to equipment. In accordance with TB 43-0218, ensure that all
locking hardware is discarded upon removal and replaced with new.
REPAIR SIL BRAZE BALL VALVE
1. Cycle the affected valve handle (figure 1, item 1) to drain any fluid, and remove any pressure from the valve
2. Unscrew and remove the three sets of nuts (figure 1, item 2) and lockwashers (figure 1, item 3) from the bolts
(figure 1, item 4). Discard the lockwashers (figure 1, item 3).
3. Pull the end fittings (figure 1, item 5) free of the valve body (figure 1, item 6).
4. Remove the gaskets (figure 1, item 7) and seats (figure 1, item 8) from the end fittings (figure 1, item 5).
Discard the gaskets.
5. Remove the cavity filler (figure 1, item 9) from the ball (figure 1, item 10), and discard.