1. Place four wraps of antiseizing tape on the male threads of the salinity probe (figure 4, item 1).
The salinity probe must be installed hand tight only. Do not use tools to tighten the
salinity probe. Over tightening will lead to equipment failure.
2. Install the salinity probe (figure 4, item 1) on the tee fitting (figure 4, item 2). Hand tighten only, using no tools.
3. Install the salinity probe electrical wiring using labels from step 7 in Removal as a guide.
4. Close the system controller, and tighten the two captive screws (figure 1, item 1).
5. Perform the Follow-On Service procedure at the end of this work package.
CLEAN SALINITY PROBE
1. Perform the Replace Salinity Probe Removal procedure contained in this work package.
2. Clean the salinity probe electrodes with a bottle and buret brush and clean fresh water. Remove any accu-
3. Perform the Replace Salinity Probe Installation procedure contained in this work package.
CALIBRATE SALINITY PROBE
1. On the applicable system controller, push the STOP switch (figure 1, item 2).
2. On the system controller, loosen the two captive screws (figure 1, item 1), and open the front panel.
Take great care when working around electrical equipment. Contact between
unprotected body parts and electrical conductors can cause serious injury or
death. Do not wear jewelry or other conductive items while servicing energized
electrical equipment. Failure to comply with these precautions can cause seri-
ous injury or death.
3. Inside the system controller, place the normal/calibrate slide switch (figure 3, item 2) in the CAL position.
4. On the system controller, press the FAULT RESET switch (figure 1, item 3).
5. Press the START switch (figure 1, item 4), and observe the level indicated on the SALINITY METER
(figure 1, item 5).
6. Rotate the salinity meter potentiometer adjustment screw (figure 3, item 3) until the SALINITY METER
(figure 1, item 5) on the system controller reads full scale with the red LED flickering on and off (1000 ppm).
7. Press the STOP switch (figure 1, item 2).