1. Place four wraps of antiseizing tape on the male threads of the low pressure cutoff switch (figure 6, item 8).
The low pressure cutoff switch must be installed hand tight only. Do not use tools to
tighten the high pressure cutooff switch. Over tightening will lead to equipment failure.
2. Thread the low pressure cutoff switch (figure 6, item 8) into the fitting on the back of the HIGH PRESSURE
PUMP INLET gauge (figure 4, item 10). Tighten hand tight only, using no tools.
3. Slide the wire plug (figure 6, item 7) into place on the low pressure cutoff switch (figure 6, item 8), and secure
it in place with the screw (figure 6, item 6).
4. Perform the Follow-On Service procedure at the end of this work package.
ADJUST VALVE MISALIGNMENT SHUTDOWN SWITCH
1. At applicable the system controller, push the STOP switch (figure 1, item 2).
2. At the applicable flow control panel, place the SYSTEM HIGH PRESSURE REGULATOR valve (figure 4,
item 8) in the fully OPEN position.
3. Press the FAULT RESET switch (figure 1, item 3).
4. Press the START switch (figure 1, item 4) and observe the pressure indicated on the BRINE DISCHARGE
PRESSURE gauge (figure 4, item 11) at the flow control panel.
Take great care when CLOSING the brine discharge valve during system operation.
Exceeding a brine discharge pressure of 25 PSI (1.7 bar) could damage the reverse
5. Slowly, and without exceeding 25 PSI (1.7 bar) brine discharge pressure, throttle the applicable brine dis-
charge valve (table 1) in the CLOSED position until the BRINE DISCHARGE PRESSURE gauge (figure 4,
item 11) indicates 24 PSI (1.6 bar).
6. If the ROWPU shuts down before reaching 24 PSI (1.6 bar), continue to step 7. If the ROWPU did not shut
down before reaching 24 PSI (1.6 bar), go to step 8.
7. Adjust the brine discharge pressure cutoff to a higher setting as follows:
Access to the valve misalignment shutdown switch adjustment screw is gained from the
top of the flow control panel. It is not necessary to open the flow control panel to gain
access to the adjustment screw.
a. Rotate the brine valve misalignment shutdown switch adjustment screw (figure 6, item 9) a maximum of
1/8th of a turn clockwise.
b. Fully OPEN the applicable brine pressure discharge valve (table 1).