Approximately 20 to 30 gallons (22.7 to 26.5 liters) of fuel will be drained from the drain
valve. Ensure that sufficient drain capacity is available.
4. OPEN the drain valve (figure 5, item 2) and drain all the fluid contents from the fuel filter/water separator.
5. Perform the Follow-On Service procedure at the end of this work package.
CLEAN THE SUMP
1. Drain the sump as described in the Drain the Sump procedure above.
2. Remove the clean-out cap (figure 5, item 4). Remove any solid contaminants from the sump.
3. Clean the interior of the sump with dry cleaning solvent and clean wiping rags.
4. Install the clean-out cap (figure 5, item 4).
5. CLOSE the drain valve (figure 5, item 2) and vent valve (figure 5, item 1).
6. Install the pipe plug (figure 5, item 3).
7. Perform the Follow-On Service procedure at the end of this work package.
1. Remove the lockouts and tagouts (FM 55-502).
3. Operate the fuel filter/water separator (WP 0005 00), checking for leaks and proper operation.
4. Return the equipment to the desired readiness condition.
END OF WORK PACKAGE