DIRECT SUPPORT MAINTENANCE
MARINE SANITATION DEVICE FOR
INLAND AND COASTAL LARGE TUG (LT)
WET WELL, REPLACE
Tools and Special Tools:
Tool Kit, General Mechanic's (Item 1, Table 2,
Suitable Drain Pan
Gloves, Chemical and Oil Protective (Item 1,
Goggles, Industrial (Item 2, Table 3,
Set to OFF the MSD DISCHARGE PUMP AND
BLOWER circuit breaker in 440V power panel
No. 4. Lock out and tag out (FM 55-502).
All ventilation fans operating normally (TM 55-1925-
Two Watercraft Engineers, 88L
Never reuse locking hardware. Reuse of locking hardware such as lockwashers,
locking nuts, cotter pins, and lockwire can result in undetected loosening of fas-
tening hardware causing catastrophic component failure resulting in death, in-
jury, or damage to equipment. In accordance with TB 43-0218, ensure that all
locking hardware is discarded upon removal and replaced with new.
1. OPEN valve SD-3 SEWAGE DRAIN TO HOLDING TANK (figure 1, item 1).
2. CLOSE valve SD-1 SEWAGE INLET TO MSD (figure 1, item 2).
3. CLOSE valve MSD-10 WET WELL DISCHARGE (figure 1, item 3).
4. OPEN valve MSD-13 WET WELL DRAIN TO HOLDING TANK (figure 1, item 4) and drain the wet well
(figure 1, item 5) into the sewage holding tank (figure 1, item 6).
5. Perform the Wet Well Repair Disassembly procedure (WP 0030 00).
6. Place a suitable drain pan under the chlorinator discharge coupling (figure 2, item 1).