3. Install the strainer inlet and outlet fittings (figure 2, items 4 and 6) in the strainer couplings (figure 2, item 8).
4. Install the strainer (figure 2, item 1) between the piping (figure 2, item 7).
Never attempt to connect union connections with only one wrench. Damage to the
vessel's standing piping or to the valve's piping could occur. Always use two wrenches.
5. Connect the inlet union (figure 2, item 3) and outlet union (figure 2, item 5) to the strainer inlet and outlet
fittings (figure 2, items 4 and 6). Tighten the inlet and outlet unions using two wrenches.
6. Verify that the drain plug (figure 2, item 2) is secured in the strainer (figure 2, item 1).
7. Remove the lockouts and tagouts (FM 55-502).
8. Perform the procedure to Operate the Marine Sanitation Device (MSD) Under Usual Conditions
9. Check the MSD for leaks.
10. Return the equipment to the desired readiness condition.
END OF WORK PACKAGE