INLAND AND COASTAL LARGE TUG (LT)
COMPRESSED AIR REGULATOR, ADJUST
Tools and Special Tools:
Tool Kit, General Mechanic's (Item 1, Table 2,
Two Watercraft Engineers, 88L
INCREASE AND DECREASE SYSTEM PRESSURE
1. Position one crewmember at the system pressure gauge to observe the reading. The second crewmember
will perform steps 2 through 4 below.
2. Place one wrench on the adjusting screw (figure 1, item 1) to hold it stationary.
3. Use a second wrench to loosen the jam nut (figure 1, item 2).
4. To increase system pressure, turn the adjusting screw (figure 1, item 1) slowly clockwise. Stop turning the
adjusting screw when the desired system pressure is attained.
5. To decrease system pressure, have one crewmember OPEN and CLOSE an air drain or operate an air
component downstream of the pressure regulator (figure 1, item 3), and the second crewmember turn the
adjusting screw (figure 1, item1) counterclockwise until the desired air pressure is attained.
6. Use one wrench to hold the adjusting screw (figure 1, item 1) stationary while tightening the jam nut (figure 1,
7. After tightening the jam nut (figure 1, item 2), confirm that the system pressure has remained at the desired
setting. If not, repeat steps 2 through 6 above.
Figure 1. Compressed Air Regulator
END OF WORK PACKAGE
0014 014102 -1lank
0 0- / 0 b