DIRECT SUPPORT MAINTENANCE
AIR COMPRESSOR FOR
INLAND AND COASTAL LARGE TUG (LT)
COMPRESSED AIR SYSTEM, REPAIR
Tools and Special Tools:
Tool Kit, General Mechanic's (Item 1, Table 2,
Two Watercraft Engineers, 88L
Never reuse locking hardware. Reuse of locking hardware such as lockwashers,
locking nuts, cotter pins, and lockwire can result in undetected loosening of fas-
tening hardware causing catastrophic failure resulting in death, injury, or damage
to equipment. In accordance with TB 43-0218, ensure that all locking hardware is
discarded upon removal and replaced with new.
1. Perform system shutdown for the applicable air compressor (WP 0005 00).
2. At 440V power panel no. 4, set to OFF, lock out, and tag out (FM 55-502) the applicable air compressor circuit
breaker as shown in table 1.
3. OPEN, drain, lock out, and tag out the applicable air receiver drain valves as shown in table 1.
Air TK DR
AIR COMPRESSOR NO.1
Starting Air #1
AIR COMPRESSOR NO.2
Starting Air #2
4. Loosen the dryer's drain piping union (figure 1, item 1) and remove the drain piping (figure 1, item 2) from the
bottom of the dryer (figure 1, item 3).
5. Loosen the dryer's inlet piping union (figure 1, item 4) and the discharge piping union (figure 1, item 5) from
the dryer (figure 1, item 3).