2-15. OPERATION OF ACCESSORY EQUIPMENT.
(1) Unfasten anchor from mounting.
(2) Position davit over anchor. Secure tag lines.
(3) Secure winch cable to anchor with shackle. Secure winch hoist block to anchor shackle. Secure davit to
anchor trip hook.
(4) Lift anchor with davit and swing davit to position anchor above bow.
(5) Insure anchor is free for lowering and all personnel are clear.
(6) Rotate the holding dog release lever over to the rear of winch.
(7) Place one foot on the foot brake and strike the holding dog release lever with a mallet until the holding dog
(8) Control the spin of the handwheel with the foot brake.
(9) Lower away with winch until anchor is just over side and release hook.
(10) When anchor grounds, take up desired slack on anchor line with the winch.
Figure 2-7. Dropping Anchor.