OPERATOR MAINTENANCE INSTRUCTIONS
OPERATOR/CREW TROUBLESHOOTING PROC7DURES
SECTION I. LUBRICATION INSTRUCTIONS
This section includes mandatory lubrication instructions for the vessel.
a. Engine and Power Take-Off.
(1) Daily check and maintain oil level to "FULL MARK" on dipstick. Use oil, engine, MIL-L-2104D (item 4, Appendix
D) for engine, oil temperature ranges.
(2) Weekly remove "AIR CLEANER" housing from air cleaner bowl. Clean sludge from bowl and thoroughly wash
with clean diesel fuel. Clean element by immersing in clean diesel fuel, allow to dry thoroughly before installing in
housing. Refill bowl with MIL-L-2104D oil (item 4, Appendix D) to oil level indicated on bowl. Install bowl on air
(3) Every 150 hours of operation change engine oil and oil filter elements.
(a) Remove oil pan drain plug and allow oil to drain in a bucket (item 16, Appendix D).
(b) Remove oil filter drain plug and drain oil filter. Unscrew bowl and remove filter element. Wash filter bowl
with clean diesel fuel. Reassemble, using new filter element. Tighten filter bowl. Install drain plug.
(c) Fill crankcase with MIL-L-2104D oil (item 4, Appendix E), to "FULL MARK" on dipstick.
(4) Weekly lubricate power take-off with MIL-L-18709 grease (item 6, Appendix D). Apply no more than 2 or 3
shots with grease gun.
(5) Weekly lubricate fan bearing with MIL-E-18709 grease (item 6, Appendix D). Apply no more than 1 shot
with grease gun.