3-6. FLAME SCREEN MAINTENANCE.
This task covers:
Tool Kit, General Mechanic's
Gasket P/N STYLE 3000
(1) Remove eight nuts (1), eight screws (2), six inch check valve (3), and gasket (4). Discard gasket (4).
(2) Remove three screws (5) and flame screen (6).
(3) Remove three inch check valve (7) by unscrewing from pipe.
(4) Remove three screws (8) and flame screen (9).
(1) Inspect both screens for dirt or debris.
(2) Inspect flame screen for corrosion or damage. Replace a damaged screen.
Do not breathe cleaning solvent vapors for long periods of time or use solvent near open flames.
avoid illness, explosion, or fire, only use solvent in well ventilated areas away from open flames.
(1) Clean flame screen with cleaning solvent (item 1, Appendix D).
(2) Allow to dry.