3-11. CRANKING MOTOR, HYDRAULIC START SYSTEM MAINTENANCE.
This task covers:
Tool Kit, General Mechanic's
Seal P/N GA100104
Seal P/N GA100088
Seal P/N RG1136
Washer, Lock P/N WA6-10OBL
Washer, Lock P/N WA-8BL
(1) Open relief valve on hand pump and release system pressure.
(2) Disconnect hoses (1 and 2).
(3) Remove connector (3), valve (4), and two connectors (5).
(4) Remove three screws (6), three lockwashers (7), and remove cranking motor (8).
(1) Position cranking motor (8) on flywheel housing and secure with three screws (6) and three lockwashers (7).
(2) Install two connectors (5), valve (4), and connector (3). Use pipe sealant (item 12, Appendix D) on
connectors before installing.
(3) Connect hoses (2 and 1).
(4) Recharge the accumulator using the hand pump.