3-24. VALVE, RELIEF TRANSFER PUMP.
This task covers:
Tool Kit, General Mechanic's
(1) Close two discharge valves on deck. Use hand wheel and open discharge valve.
(3) Refer to paragraph 2-11, start engine and engage clutch. Relief valve should operate when pump exceeds
125 psi. If relief does not operate properly, refer to paragraph b. for adjustment.
(1) With pump running, remove cap (1) and loosen nut (2).
(2) Turn adjusting screw (3) clockwise to increase the pressure setting and counterclockwise to decrease the
(3) Tighten nut (2) and install cap (1) when desired pressure is obtained.