e. Testing Blasting Caps.
g. Splicing Wires.
(1) Splice one of the free cap lead wires to a firing
(1) Test each blasting cap to be used in electric fir-
(2) After each cap has been tested, twist free ends
of cap lead wires together or shunt them with short circuit
shunt to prevent an electric charge from building up in
cap lead wires.
f. Connecting Series Circuit.
BLASTING CAPS CONNECTED
TO LONG LEAD OF WIRE
(1) If two or more electric blasting caps are used,
connect their lead wires into one of the two series circuits
CAPS INTO CHARGES UNTIL
AFTER CLOSED CIRCUIT OF
CAPS AND FIRING WIRE HAS
(2) If two or more blasting caps are used in series
BEEN SAFETY-TESTED FOR RF
circuit, circuit should be tested by connecting free ends
of blasting caps leads to blasting cap test set M51 or gal-
At firing position, keep free ends of
firing wire twisted together until ready
to connect to blasting machine.