(5) Shift gearshift lever (1) to 5 (fifth)
position and transfer shift lever (3) to
HIGH position. (Gasoline 4th, 5th gear
positions are reverse of those shown
(6) Turn ignition switch (7) on
gasoline engine, or battery switch (diesel and
multifuel), to ON position.
( 7 ) Place light switch (8) in
(8) Depress and hold down clutch
(9) Release handbrake (2), and signal
tow truck to proceed.
(10) When truck reaches approximately 10 mph, release clutch pedal (5) and depress
accelerator pedal (4).
For cold weather starting of diesel or multifuel engines, place manifold heater
switch (6) in ON position as soon as clutch is released.
The towed truck should start within 100 yards. If it fails to start, stop towing and
notify organizational maintenance.
(11) Depress clutch pedal (5) immediately after engine starts.
(12) Bring truck to a halt, apply handbrake (2), place gear shift lever (1) in N (neutral)
and release clutch pedal (5).
(13) Allow engine to run above idle speed until warm. Remove towbar or tow chain.
c. Preparing Disabled Truck for Towing.
(1) Towing truck with all wheels on ground.
(a) If transfer on disabled truck is not damaged, place gear shift lever (1) and transfer
shift lever (3) in N (neutral) position, so that only the transfer gears will revolve when the
disabled truck is towed. Release handbrake (2) before towing.