f. Locking Winch for Travel.
(1) If winch is equipped with a level
winding device, pull cable chain up through
space between bumper and winch. Wind
chain around back of level winding frame,
and then across the front, so that the hook
can be attached to the right hand side of the
winding frame. If winch is not equipped
with a level winding device, position the
cable chain (2) under and over the truck left
hand frame extension (1), and then across
the front so that cable book (3) can be
attached to right lifting shackle (4). Remove
left lifting shackle and install over chain.
(2) If hinged lock is not holding winch control lever (5) in N (neutral), depress clutch
pedal (6), place winch control lever (5) in N (neutral) position and engage hinge lock. Release
(3) Disengage winch drum jaw clutch by pushing drum clutch lever (9) toward winch as
far as it will go.
(4) Lock winch drum in place by pulling drum lock knob (8) out, rotating the knob 90),
then releasing. If necessary, rotate the winch drum by hand to allow the locking plunger to
engage in the nearest hole on the drum flange.
(5) Lock level wind device by pulling level wind lock knob (7) out, rotating the knob
90, then releasing. If necessary, move level wind by hand to allow lock plunger to engage in