a. General. The cargo trucks covered in this manual are: the short cargo, having 14 x 7-foot
steel bed; the long cargo, having a 20 x 7-foot steel bed; and the dropside cargo having a
14 x 7-foot steel bed. They are all designed to accept a tarpaulin cover for cargo protection (see
Always shift the transmission into NEUTRAL when the engine is running while the
truck is stationary. Allowing the engine to run with the transmission engaged and
the transfer in NEUTRAL may cause transfer bearing failure.
b. Removing the Front and Side Racks.
(1) Remove tailgate chain hooks (4) from retainer slots. Grab the top of tailgate, pull
back, and allow it to slowly swing down. Do not allow tailgate to fall down.
(2) Remove safety strap (2) from side racks hooks.
(3) Fold troopseats (3) up and secure in place with retainers (1).
side and front racks up from rack sockets to remove
c. Installing the Front and Side Racks.
(1) Position the front and side racks
in rack sockets and push down to secure in
place. Be sure the side rack retainer rings (5)
mate with the retainer pins (6) on front
(2) Release troopseats (3) from
retainers (1), pull forward and lower into
(3) Hook safety strap (2) to side rack