d. Removing Side Racks From Dropside Cargo Trucks.
(1) Rotate the locking pins (7) on each side of the tailgate and remove from slots.
(2) Grab the top of tailgate, pull back and allow it to slowly swing down. Do not allow
tailgate to fall down.
(3) On each side of body, release side rack locking pin handles (9) from retainers (8) and
pull from rack sockets.
(4) Remove safety strap (2) from side rack hooks.
(5) Fold the troopseats (3) up and secure in place with retainers (l).
(6) Remove rack retaining pins (12) from rack retaining rings (11) on both side gates
(7) Pull side racks up from rack sockets to remove.
e. Lowering the Dropside.
(1) Remove stabilizer rods (14).
Use extreme care when lowering the
dropsides if the side racks are attached.
Letting the side fall down can cause damage
to the side rack and mud guard.