(1) Position the semitrailer in the
desired location, move airbrake hand control
lever (1) down, place gearshift lever (3) in N
(neutral) position, and apply handbrake (4).
(2) Place chock blocks in front of and behind semitrailer wheels, place landing gear float
pads under landing gear (7), and lower landing gear.
(3) Swing locking plunger safety latch
(9) right or left and pull locking plunger
lever (8) forward until locking plunger safety
latch engages. Disconnect tractor electrical
cable (10) from semitrailer receptacle.
(4) With airbrake band control lever
(1) down, depress clutch pedal (2), place
gearshift lever (3) in 1 (first) position and
release clutch pedal (2), while moving the
truck slowly forward until semitrailer skid
plate (6) clears tractor approach plates (5).
( 5 ) Stop the truck, depress clutch
pedal (2), place gearshift lever (3) in N
(neutral), apply handbrake (4) and move
airbrake hand control lever (1) up to release
(6) Close both tractor air line cutoff
cocks (12), disconnect the tractor air service
hose (13) and emergency hose from
tractor air hose storage brackets (1l).