c. Crane Operation.
(1) To set electric brake lock, depress brake pedal (8), push lock switch button (3), and
release brake pedal.
Do not use electric brake lock (3) when
parking for a long period of time. Use
(2) Start the engine, depress clutch pedal (9) and place gearshift lever (4) in 4 (fourth) or
5 (fifth) position. Place transfer shift lever (6) in N (neutral) portion and pull power takeoff
control lever (7) all the way up. Release clutch pedal (9).
(3) For operation of floodlights, place floodlight master control switch (2) in ON
position. Each light has an individual switch for operation as needed.
(4) Pull hand throttle control (1) all the way out and set in locked-out position. Adjusted
engine speed should be 1,250 plus/minus 50 rpm (no load).
When smoother crane operation is required for handling missiles and rockets
weighing 8,000 pounds or less, use a three-part line (see para 2-19e) at 1,250 engine
Do not attempt to operate crane at low engine or idle speeds. The hydraulic pump
will not provide enough pressure at slow shaft speeds for proper operation.
(5) Release tension on lifting sling
(11) by pushing hoist control lever (15)
(6) Remove cable hook (10) from
lifting sling (11), remove sling from outrigger
frame tube (12) and remove pivot post
lockpin (13) from stop plate.