c. Expanding Van
On models equipped with lift gate, the lift
gate must be released and lowered before the
van body call be expanded. For operation of
vans not equipped with lift gate, proceed to
step (7) on next page.
(1) Remove ladders (2) from rear of
van as follows:
(a) Remove eyebolts
ladders to lift gate (1).
(b) Lift ladders (2) up and
disengage ladders from books (3).
Always remove ladders before lowering lift gate, to prevent damage to ladders.
When using PTO, place transmission selector lever (7) only in N (neutral). Any
other gear position could damage transfer bearings.
(2) Prepare for lift gate operation as
(a) Apply handbrake (10), depress
clutch pedal (12) and start engine.
(b) Place transfer shift lever (11) and
transmssion shift lever (7) in N (neutral)
positions. Release safety lock (c)) and move
power takeoff control lever (8) to ENGAGE
position. Release clutch pedal.
(c) Adjust engine speed to 1,200 rpm
with band throttle.
(3) Remove lift gate control lever handles from stowage compartment at rear of truck
and install on control levers at van rear.
(4) Move opening and closing control lever (4) toward rear of truck. The lift gate should
start to open and stop automatically when fully open.
(5) Move lowering and elevating control lever (5) toward the front of truck momentarily,
to release safety lock, then toward rear. The lift gate should start to lower and stop
automatically at ground level.