(6) Stop engine, move power takeoff control lever (8) to DISENGAGE position and set
the safety lock (9). Move transfer shift lever (11) to HIGH position.
(7) On models without lift gate,
release ladder toggle clamps (15) and remove
ladders (2) from the ladder racks (13).
(8) On all models, install ladder (2) in
slots provided at rear of truck.
Since the procedure for expanding the van
body is identical for both sides, the
following instructions will be limited to one
side. Repeat the procedure to expand
(9) Remove lock pins (20) from lock
handles and pull handles out from retaining
(10) Rotate rear door lock handle
(14) 90 counterclockwise to open door.
Remove side panel lock wrench (22) and
drive shaft wrench (23) from brackets on
inside of left rear door.
On models equipped with travel lock instead
of lock handles, use the side panel lock
wrench to unlock the safety bolt at each
corner and swing the bolt out of the slotted
(11) Turn side locks (19)(marked A),
a t f r o n t a n d r e a r , one-quarter turn
counterclockwise with side panel lock
located below rear doors by pushing locking
plunger down and positioning wrench (23)
on drive shaft (18). Turn left drive shaft
counterclockwise to expand left side panel.
Turn right drive shaft clockwise to expand
right side panel. Crank both sides full out.