When smoother or slower operation is desired, place the transmission selector lever
in 3rd or 4th gear position.
(3) For operation of floodlights, place
floodlight master control switch (1) in ON
position. Each floodlight carries a separate
switch for independent use.
(4) At rear of truck, move engine
clutch control lever (5) to DISENGAGE
position, flip lock plate (4) on M62, or
remove lock pin (6) on M543, to release
crane drive control lever (2).
(5) Move crane drive control lever (2)
to ENGAGE position. Move clutch control
lever (5) to ENGAGE position.
(6) Slowly move throttle control
lever (3) to full OPEN position. Adjusted
engine speed should be 1,600 plus/minus 50
rpm (no load).
When smoother crane operation
is required for handling missiles
and rockets weighing 8,000
pounds or less, use a three-part
engine rpm. For smoother or
slower operation, use 3rd or 4th
Do not attempt to operate crane
a t low engine speeds. The
hydraulic pump will not provide
enough pressure at slow shaft
speeds for proper operation.
(7) Release tension on lifting sling
(11) by pushing hoist control lever (14)
(8) Remove cable hook (12) from
lifting sling (11 ) and remove sling from
outrigger frame tube eyes (10).