(2) Start the engine, depress clutch
pedal (9), and place gearshift lever (3) in
5 (fifth) position for light loads or 3 (third)
position for heavy loads. Place transfer shift
lever (7) in N (neutral) position, release
safety lock (5), and move power divider
control lever (4) to ENGAGE position.
Release clutch pedal.
(3) Pull out hand throttle control (1)
to set engine speed to 1,000 rpm (no load).
(4) Unlock level wind by pulling out
level wind lock knob (10) and rotating 90.
(5) At rear of truck, move clutch control lever (12) to DISENGAGE position, unlock
and move winch shift control lever (11) to UNWIND position and cable tension valve control
(13) to OFF position.
(6) Move clutch control lever (12) to ENGAGE position and the cable will unwind.
Maintain tension on cable while drum is turning to prevent kinks or snarled cable
(7) After the required length of cable is unwound, return clutch control lever (12) to
DISENGAGE position and place winch shift control lever (11) in NEUTRAL.