f. Securing Winch for Travel.
(1) Pass cable hook (13) up through
right rear bumperette (11), across and down
through left bumperette (10). Place cable
hook around chain between bumperettes.
(2) Remove slack in cable chain (12)
by moving winch shift control lever (2) to
WIND and clutch control lever (4) to
ENGAGE positions, until cable chain is
snug. Then move clutch control lever (4) to
DISENGAGE and winch shift control lever
(2) to NEUTRAL positions. Install lockpin.
(3) Pull level wind lock knob (14)
out, rotate 90, and release.
(4) Push hand throttle control (15) into reduce engine speed.
(5) Depress clutch pedal (22), move
p o w e r divider control lever (17) to
DISENGAGE and set the safety lock (18).
Place transfer shift lever (20) in HIGH or
LOW position, gearshift lever (16) in N
(neutral) position. Release clutch pedal.
(6) Apply handbrake (19) and depress
brake pedal (21) to unlock electric brake
(7) Stow equipment such as sling, chains, snatch blocks, and field chocks used during