(4) Pull winch cable through snatch
block (8) and secure cable end to material
(5) Signal winch operator to pull
material onto truck body.
Use the above procedure to load any stake
racks that have been removed.
d. Securing Load.
(1) Unhook winch cable ends from lashing hooks (14) and remove from side rail gutters
(2) Remove winch lever handle (7) from toolbox and insert into ratchet lever (13).
(3) Push lever handle (7) down and forward to free cables of side and rear winches.
Unreel cable as required.
(4) Position protective covering (11) on each winch cable so that the material to be
secured will not cut cables.
(5) Pass each cable over load on truck body and secure cable hooks in lashing rings (10).
(6) Operate each ratchet lever (13) with winch lever handle (7) until desired cable
tension is obtained.
(7) Remove winch lever handle and any ladders used. Stow winch lever handle in tool
box and ladders in rear stowage compartment (3).