Direct all personnel to stand clear. Do not
allow personnel to stand or walk under lifted
(1) Remove ladders from rear stowage
compartment and position, as required, to
assist in unloading operations.
(2) Remove winch lever handle (4)
from tool box.
(3) Insert winch lever handle (4) into
ratchet lever (5) and release cable tension by
pushing handle down and forward.
(4) Remove cable hooks from lashing
hooks (3) and remove cable from load.
(5) Remove load by crane or other
suitable lifting device.
When a crane is not available for unloading,
use the winch on another truck to pull
material off rear of truck.
(6) Install any stake racks removed during loading operations.
(7) Lay chained end (2) of winch cable in side rail gutters (1) and around rear lashing
(8) Use winch lever handle (4) to tighten winch cable. Stow lever handle in tool box
(9) Stow ladders in rear stowage compartment, close and latch doors, and secure with