(4) Remove chain binder (1) and tiedown chain (2) at front of trailer.
(5) Remove air hoses (3) from stowed position between trailer wheels; position air hoses
along sides of truck.
(6) Open right rear coupling cutoff cock (4) on truck to release trailer brakes.
(7) Release midship winch drum lock by pulling drum lock knob (5) out, rotating 90
and releasing. (Front winch shown controls are similar.)
(8) Engage winch drum clutch by lifting hinged lock (7) and moving drum clutch knob
(6) away from winch as far as it will go.
(9) Start the engine, depress clutch pedal (8), place gearshift lever (9) in 3 (third)
position, and transfer shift lever (10) in N (neutral) position.
Direct till personnel to stand clear of truck. A snapped cable could cause serious