(4) Secure cargo with cables, chains, or by other methods, to prevent cargo from coming
loose or shifting. This is particularly important for cross-country cargo movement.
(5) Raise landing leg before moving bolster truck and trailer. Reverse the procedure in
(6) Lower landing leg before unloading cargo. See c(12) on page 2-121.
e. Operation of Bolster Fifth Wheel.
(1) To unlock bolster travel locks,
remove cotter pin (1), turn pivot lock (2)
down and replace cotter pin. Repeat on
The bolster travel locks must be engaged
prior to loading trailer to prevent movement
of bolster fifth wheel.
(2) To adjust sliding chock, lift
adjusting chains (5) free of chain hooks (4),
pull on chains to slide chocks (3) into
desired position, divide slack in chain evenly
and attach chains to hooks.
The sliding chocks must be centered and close together to allow front wheels of
trailer to contact bolster while loading trailer.