(14) Start the engine, depress clutch
pedal (15), move gearshift lever (16) in 3
(third) position, and transfer shift lever (17)
in N (neutral) position. Release clutch pedal.
(15) Position air hoses on either side
of loading ramps. Operate hand crank (1) to
raise lunette end of reach (2) above truck
(16) Depress clutch pedal (15) and
pull power takeoff control lever (18) up to
ENGAGE position. Release clutch pedal.
(17) After the trailer begins to move toward truck, and lunette has passed over bolster
carrier, depress clutch to stop winch. Use hand crank (1) to retract foot of landing leg (4).
Release locking pin. and swing leg up into stowed position. Release clutch pedal and resume
(18) Continue to load the trailer, but slow down winch operation as real wheels of trailer
approach top of loading ramps.
If trailer is winched on too fast, reach (2) will slam down onto cab protector when
real wheels pass tops of ramps.
(19) When trailer front wheels contact truck bolster, depress clutch pedal (15), move
power takeoff lever (18) down to DISENGAGED position, transfer shift lever (17) to HIGH
position and gearshift lever (16) to N (neutral) position. Release clutch pedal and stop engine.
(20) Pull drum lock knob (10) out, aline lock plunger with hole in drum flange, rotate
knob 90, and release.
(21) Remove two 25-foot ticdown chains and chain bindels (19) from trailer stowage