Section V. SERVICING AND REPLACEMENT
When filling tank, be sure that the hose nozzle or container is clean and that the
nozzle or container contacts filler pipe to carry off static electricity.
When filling, wipe off dirt around filler cap. Remove fuel tank filler cap and extend filler
neck. Close crossover valve at front of fuel tanks when fueling diesel vehicle. Fill tank until level
is approximately 2 inches below top of tank. Do not overfill, as room for expansion must be
provided. Lower filler neck and install filler top gasket, making sure it seals tightly. Install fuel
tank filler cap. Open crossover valves on diesel fuel tanks.
Cleaner Service (Gasoline).
a. General. The oil-bath-type filter is serviced by draining, cleaning, and filling the oil cup,
and by cleaning the filter mesh inside the body of cleaner.
b. Air Cleaner Service.
(1) Support oil cup (4) and loosen
thumb screw (3). Remove oil cup from
(2) Discard oil from cup and clean
cup with dry cleaning solvent or mineral
spirits paint thinner.
(3) Fill oil cup with clean oil to
cab cowl by loosening bands (2) and
removing attaching hoses.
(5) Clean air cleaner body in cleaning solvent, while shaking up and down to clean filter
(6) After air cleaner body drips dry, reinstall in truck.
(7) Position oil cup (4) and gasket. Clamp to air cleaner body, then tighten clamp thumb
Air cleaner service is required
whenever the red band moves above green
line on air filter restriction indicator (5).
Not if y organizational maintenance for