Do not operate engine without air cleaner element, except in extreme emergency.
b. Air Cleaner Service. In an emergency, element may be removed and cleaned with
(1) Unlatch three clamps (3) and remove dust cap cover (1) from air cleaner housing (2).
(2) Turn locking mechanism (4) counterclockwise until mechanism disengages from
clamps. Pull locking mechanism out.
(3) Remove element (5) from housing (2).
Eye protection (goggles or
shield) must be worn when
cleaning with compressed air.
(4) Clean inside of element with 60 to
100 psi air, using 1/8-inch nozzle, until all
dust is removed. Clean outside of element.
(5) Inspect element pleats and gasket
element, if required.
(6) Clean dust cap cover (1) with air.
(7) Install element (5) in air cleaner
housing (2). Engage locking mechanism (4)
w i t h inner clamps and turn handle
(8) Install dust cap cover (1) on air
cleaner housing (2) and secure with three
(9) Press reset button on restriction indicator to clear red band.
c. Emergency Air Cleaner Service. Gently beat element sides with hand, while tapping
element ends on flat metal surface, to remove dirt when compressed air is not available.