Section I. GENERAL INFORMATION
a. This manual contains instructions for operating and servicing M1113 S250
shelter carriers, M1114 up-armored carriers, M1151 armament carriers, and M1152
M1151 and M1152 vehicles are capable of accepting Integrated Armor
Protection (IAP) and a Perimeter supplemental armor kit. When both
IAP and the Perimeter kit are installed, model designators change to
M1151P1 and M1152P1. When all armor is removed, model
designators go back to original M1151 and M1152.
b. The material presented here provides operators with information and
procedures needed to provide the safest and most efficient operation of these
vehicles. This information includes:
(1) Operator forms and records.
(2) Descriptions of each vehicle and its operation.
(3) The purpose of each vehicle.
(4) Vehicle limitations.
(5) The function of all controls and indicators.
(6) Operating instructions for each vehicle.
(7) Cautions and warnings to operators regarding safety to personnel and
(8) How and when to use special purpose kits.
(9) Operator maintenance checks and service procedures.
(10) Troubleshooting procedures to be followed by operators if the vehicle
1-2. MAINTENANCE FORMS AND RECORDS
Department of the Army forms and procedures used for equipment maintenance
will be those prescribed by DA Pam 738-750, The Army Maintenance Management