2-26. TOWING OPERATION (Cont'd)
Prior to towing vehicle with rear wheels up, secure steering wheel to
prevent front wheels from turning. Failure to do this may cause
damage to vehicle and injury or death to personnel.
(4) Secure steering wheel.
(5) Place transmission and transfer case shift levers
in N (neutral)
(6) Turn on hazard warning lights on both towing and disabled vehicles
(7) Depress parking brake release button and release parking brake lever
(8) Lift rear wheels from ground.
Do not exceed 15 mph (24 kph) towing speed when towing a shelter
vehicle. Failure to comply may cause damage to equipment.
(9) Proceed with towing operations.