a. Before Operation.
(1) Ensure operator PMCS have been accomplished and needle of indicator
gauge (1) is in the green zone. Refer to table 2-2.
to para. 2-2a for fire extinguisher stowage location.
Avoid using fire extinguisher in unventilated areas. Prolonged
inhalation exposure to extinguishing agent or fumes from burning
materials may cause injury to personnel.
Using fire extinguisher in windy areas will cause rapid dispersal of
extinguishing agent and reduce effectiveness in fire control.
b. During Operation.
(1) To operate fire extinguisher (4), remove from stowage bracket. Remove
locking pin (2).
(2) Squeeze handles (3) together and direct extinguishing agent to base of
flames. To extinguish burning liquid in a container, direct extinguishing agent
against inside of container, just above burning liquid.
c. After Operation.
(1) Stow fire extinguisher (4) in stowage bracket.
(2) Notify unit maintenance to replace or recharge fire extinguisher (4) after