2-33. UP-ARMORED WEAPON
STATION OPERATION (M1114)
Use care when opening and closing covers. Do not rest fingers in cover
opening. Personnel injury may result.
(1) Open turret weapon station cover (1) by releasing three latches (5) on
inside of vehicle (4).
(2) Push small section of cover (2) up and back until resting on large section
of cover (1).
(3) Push up large section of cover (1). While holding cover (1), release two
rods (3) from cover (1) and insert rods (3) into catch blocks (11).
(4) Slip pins at end of rods (3) into holes in catch blocks (11), then depress
and rotate levers (10) until engaged.
It may be necessary to rotate turret to set brake.
(5) Disengage turret brake (6) by lifting turret brake handle (7).
(6) Rotate turret (9) to desired position.
(7) Set turret brake (6) by applying downward pressure to turret brake
handle (7) until locked.
For new turret brake configuration, perform steps 7.1 through 7.3.
(7.1) Disengage turret brake (13) from turret stop ring (15) by pulling turret
brake handle (12) outward.
(7.2) Rotate turret (14) to desired position.
(7.3) Engage turret brake (13) by pushing turret brake handle (12) inward.
Do not sit, stand, or place heavy objects on weapon station, tray, or
cover. Components may bend and damage to equipment will occur.
(8) Use gunner's sling (8) as seat rest or restraint if gunner is positioned in
the weapon station during travel or weapon operation.
b. After Operation.
(1) Depress and rotate levers (10) and remove two rods (3) from catch
(2) Insert rods (3) in cover (1).
(3) Close weapon station cover (1) and secure with three latches (5).